BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 8, 2008

Spiritually Connected


1 Corinthians 10:16 (New International Version)
Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf


Ephesians 4
From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

Last night my community group took Communion together. It was awesome. I had asked a man, who comes, to lead the communion and he did an outstanding job. One of the things that he talked about was how God had led him to a new understanding of I Corinthians 16. That the body was meant to mean the church. God's children. That we participate in communion not only to recognize and identify with the crucifixion of Christ, but to unit the people of Christ. From all over the world we are one.

While he was sharing this God began to speak to me. He, again, reminded me that He knew us before we were put into time. That we were spirit. As spirits, before being put into time, we knew each other spiritually.

Because I visualize what I'm thinking. I had this picture in my head of a community of spirits, living with the Lord, playing, singing, giving Him praise.

He then showed me, that we are still spiritually connected and that we always we be. That this is the "body" of Christ. This is how the gifts of the spirit move and work. It is the spiritual connection between us and God and us and us.

Ok. Let me try and make it clearer. Last night God said to me, that we forget and do not walk in the fact that we are spirit. "You forget that you are spirit". This lack of understanding and neglect of our spiritual connection to the realm of God, impacts the power of our ministry and walk with God.

On those occasions when we are walking in the spirit, the gifts begin to flow and not only through us, but through others as well. As we begin to minister to one another we become spiritually connected and start to individually flow into the spirit realm. The body (church) is now ministering with their spirit.

We must not ever forget that we are spirit. An eternal creation of God. One that knew God before time and forever. That we know each other spiritually and with that spiritual connection we can move mountains and will know each other. We must nourish or spirit with the things of God and bring our mind into alignment with our spirit. Putting on the things of God.

Colossians 3:1
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.

We are one body, moving together in spirit.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

cindy:

Thanks for participating again in The Seventh Day blog carnival On the Horizon. I love reading your blog because your posts always bring me a unique perspective and are extremely thought-provoking. I find myself thinking about your writing long after I close the browser window.

Stop by and check out the other wonderful submissions this week and hope you will participate again in the future!

Blessings,

Hopeful Spirit
Hopeful Spirit