BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Team

Photobucket
I have been pondering and praying again. So, I am going to sort through this things here in this post.

Here goes!

Years ago, God showed me that He wanted me to build a team of people that had certain, strong and unique gifts. This team would then minister to the church in a powerful way.

I started to build that team. I was attending the church that I am now back at. I got together about 10 people and we would meet weekly and I would disciple them. They were good people, with lots of God given gifts.

I got ill. That is when I got the diagnosis’ of Lupus. My body declined rapidly, but I continued in my ministry and it grew. But, my addiction to pain medication kicked in and I ended up leaving the church.

I had started my recovery, from illness, before I left my church, but my addiction was ruling my life. I started attending another church and left behind the vision of the ministry team.

Now, I am back at that original church. While I am telling you this, remember that I once said to God, "I love seeing the outcome of your work. But, I would like to see your hand at work, while you are working." I have been back at my church for one year. In this year, I have met three women who have shard with me what their unique gifts are. I have started to disciple these women. Mostly because they all felt uneasy with their gifts. Afraid of what people would say, how they would be labeled, and if they would be alienated.
Photobucket

I have come to realize that I am watching God's hand at work. He is choreographing the team again. There is no reason why any of these women would come to me and tell me these things. I have kept a low profile at church. But, God has told them to talk to me. I had let the idea of a ministry team go and yet I am watching it unfold in front of me with no effort on my part. It is an awesome thing.

But, then there is something else. I am sick again. Back on the downward spiral. Why? I finally know the truth. Both of these times of illness, have come when God has started to bring a ministry team together. It does not take much thought to realized this is an attack from Satan. His attempt to stop the plans of God. Last time it worked. Because of the amount of pain, I took extremely addictive pain medication. This addiction change everything about me and I walked away from the plans of God.
Photobucket
This time will be different. I have already approached the pain differently. I am trying to take care of the pain through prayer and an herbal substance called Noni. I will not get myself involved with narcotics again.

I can only assume that this ministry team must be quit the threat to Satan. Why else would he spend so much time trying to sabotage it. I know that, this time, the people involved with the team are stronger and more gifted than the last team. I know where the team is going, the team has no idea right now.

So, the vision that God showed me, so many years ago, is unfolding. I, because of the grace of God, get to watch it unfold in front of me. Now, that I understand why I am sick, I expect a full and speedy recovery. Taking back the things that Satan has tried to steal from me.

I am happy and excited. Enjoying the presence and comfort of God.

2 comments:

Aisha said...

That's what satan does when he sees threats like the team you started but Jesus said in John 16:33, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." God bless you and your ministry! :)

Given55 said...

Thank you for the encouragement. You are appreciated.