BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Claim You Winnings


Life is full of winning and losing. It would seem that every aspect of our lives is about one or the other. I suppose I have always seen life as a game because, I have always said "I am not as survivor, I am a victor".

The word survivor has always, seemed to me, to have a negative connotation. It is good to survive....don't get me wrong. But, it is wrong to always see ones self as a survivor instead of changing that thinking, eventually too, I live in victory. If I am continually surviving, I have not conquered my ordeal.

Salvation is a gift from God. Not one to believe, once saved always saved, I see keeping my salvation as being a winner.

DSC02820
Someone whispered to me the other day, in their moment of torment, that they were going to lose their salvation. Life is never simple, but we must pick sides. To either be on the winning side or the losing side. Black or white, right or wrong, truth or the lie.

I have a brother, whom once was on the winning side. He praised God. Was born again and now walks around losing the game. He has chose to change sides. He sees my side as losing.

It is, at times, harder to be on the winning side. Victory never comes easy. One must keep the mentality of striving. You can see this thinking in any game. In baseball for example. The side that is winning has an attitude of security. But, the challenger keeps up the pressure and one false move on the part of the winning team and all can be lose. So, the pressure is always on.
DSC03069
Staying on the winning side of life, brings challenges. The losing side is always after the winning side. The winners must stay alert and cautious. Salvation is not to be toyed with. Satan and the world views are always waiting for a mis-step so they can have the victory. Like baseball, there is a winner and a loser. Like war, which is what we are in, there is a victor and a loser. What is your mentality? Are you a victor? Or do you survive?
DSC03256
Living in victory bring joy and a assurity of the outcome of the game. A victor knows that they will win where a survivor has no such assurance. As Christians we should know that victory is ours and that each battle we fight is ours. It is already won. But, if I am in survival mode, then I am lazy in my thinking, tired and stuck. Walk out of survival and claim victory over life and the games that tear you down. Life is to short to just survive. Find the attitude of victory and claim you winnings.

1 comments:

Anita said...

Thanks for that reminder.