BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Mothers Voice


I hesitate writing this one because of feed back. But, one can not say anything that I have not heard before. I have been called everything. I want to share because it brings up the scripture in the bible:

I Thessalonians 4:16

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.



The other night my brother, Only in His Service, whom lives with me, came down the stairs excited. He told me he heard a voice. That the voice had told him something personal. Then he asked me to guess whose voice it was. Of course, I had no idea. He was so excited. He then told me it was our mothers voice, who had died in April.

Nancy
I got excited myself. Wanting so badly to be with my mother, I felt wonderful.

We went into the living room and told my husband. Now, my brother is not as supernatural as I am, but since living with me, is coming into his own. So, a conversation started.

First, my mother had a similar experience when I was about 17 years of age. Her and I were visiting her father in Kentucky. Her mother had past away a while back and her father was showing the first symptoms of Alzheimer's. He was constantly talking to his dead wife. One night, while we were visiting, my mother had gone to sleep with a terrible headache. In a dream she heard her mothers voice. The voice said that when she woke, she would see her dead mother and her head ache would leave. When she woke, there was her mother and her head ache left.

That event was shared in our conversation. We then went to, how can this be? I, of course, in all the supernatural things that have happened to me, did not really care, how this could happen, but became curious. How can this line up with the Word of God?
bible2
The verse quoted at the top of this page came up. Since my thoughts on the rapture are, "I hope there is one, but I do not see it in the Bible", I have always wondered at this verse. My brother, who believes totally in the rapture, had a new thought on this verse. He suggested that perhaps we linger here on this earth. That we wait here for the Lord. This began to make sense to me.

In my life, I have seen many dead people. I do not know why I have this gift, but it happens now and then. I see them in their earthly body. I recognized them and know what they want. I do not talked to them because the Bible tells me not to. But, there is a kind of communication, because I always, supernaturally, know what they want. Which is usually comfort for someone.

So, if we linger, why would we not see them or hear them. The spirit realm is alive and active. There is good and evil just like in the realm that we live in. I do not have all the answers, but I know that it is very possible that the dead linger, waiting for that wonderful day of the return of our Lord Jesus Christ.
scotts picture
I am happy. Just like when I see the dead and it brings comfort to someone, my brother hearing our mothers voice has comforted me. It brings me joy to know that she is near. My mother loved Jesus and waits for His presence as I wait for His return. I look forward to that day, when, we are all together in the presence of the Lord Almighty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you mind taking a moment and sharing something with me about your beliefs? This could also apply to any of your visitors here at the blog: if anyone reading this would like to email me your answer, I’d greatly appreciate it.

The question is this: thinking about your religious belief and its importance to you, what is the SINGLE greatest thing that you think your faith gives you know or will give you in the future? When thinking about it, please consider that you are trying to convince another human being that your faith is the one they should choose and you can only make one single argument for accepting it.

I greatly appreciate the help. Again, I’m not looking for a series of good reasons for believing what you do. Please limit your answer to ONE thing or advantage that your faith gives you.

Email me at hoopman4you@yahoo.com is you would like to participate.

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

It is in your Bible -- "caught up" comes from Greek word harpazo "to seize upon by force", "to snatch away". The Latin translators used the word rapturo. Some people claim rapture is not a Biblical term. Almost all our English translations come from Greek or Hebrew expressions. Hebrew word Yeshua, English translation Jesus.

Hope you find this information helpful!

Have a blessed and wonderful day!
Marcia

Anonymous said...

It's me again, the scripture with "rapturo" ...catching away is 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17 (KSV)

Verse 17- Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

And, you and your brother are still grieving the loss of your mother. This is all appropriate for a time such as this. I believe the Angels are Messengers for God and are working all the time and they get messages to us one way or the other.

Love in the Lord

Marcia