BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Free in Spirit


Do you ever truly become abandoned in the Lord?

I, personally, am that woman that people point to in the church and say either,"she truly let's her self go into the spirit realm" or as yesterday's post suggests, "she is really demented."

I enjoy letting the Spirit of God worship through me. My physical being, sometimes, suffers from this, but, I always recover.

I can remember, watching people at church dancing in the Spirit and wanting that, but not wanting to be fake. I yearned to be set free in the Spirit.

One Sunday the church was jumping. I was worshiping the best I knew how. When suddenly, I felt my body move up off the ground. It was like a jump but, felt like slow motion. I looked around to see if anyone saw what had happened. Felt a little weird because, I knew I had not jumped on my own. I thought about it for a moment and decided that if God wanted me to jump, then I would jump. So I did.

Now, sometimes, I can get pretty radical in my worship. I can dance so hard that I lose my breath, but I am completely lost in the Spirit. There are times when I hear that negative voice saying, "you're to old to be doing this." But, I ignore it and keep on keeping on.

I believe that this is so missing in the church. Complete abandonment. Letting the natural go and letting the Spirit of God take over. Moving in the Spirit, allowing yourself to flow into the realm of God and showing joy for the glory of God.

I went dinner with several friends a few years back. We had been ministering together and where full of the Spirit. We got to the restaurant a few minutes before to was to open. We waited by the door with a married couple. The woman asked me what kind of perfume I had on. I did not have on perfume. But, before my brain thought, out of my mouth came, "Jesus". She turned from me, but my friends applauded.

Inside the restaurant, I was so over joyed by God, that I could not contain myself. I shared God with the waitress, than I went into the kitchen. In the kitchen were several people. One young man was a gangster. He was huge. About 6'5" tall and must have weighted close to three hundred pounds. I opened the door to the kitchen I declared, "the Lord about loves every one of you." They all turned and looked at me and then smiled.

"Did you know that?" I asked. The young man said, "Which God." This surprised me. "The living God." I reported with certainty. "Why are you in the kitchen?" He asked.
I really was not sure why I was in the kitchen, so I just said, "So you can know the God of the universe."

He grinned and turned from me. I left the room and while walking back to my table, reported to the others sitting in the room, that Jesus loved them. We ate our food and I began to wane in the flow of the Spirit. My friends where having a great time reflecting on my actions and I began to move more in the natural and started to second guess what I had done.

But, on leaving the restaurant, I stuck my head back into the kitchen and said, "Be seeing ya." My young gangster friend, looked over at me and said, "You got balls, lady."

Uh, balls. I believe what he was describing is abandonment. I would never do those things in the natural. I was completely taken over by the spirit. Each step was ordered by, each word was designed by, and each breath was taken by the Spirit of God.

Romans 8:9
You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit

Romans 8:5
Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.

It is a wonderful place to be, in the company of the Spirit of God. The things of this world, just completely disappear. You, for a moment, get to share in the joy and love of God. To be overwhelmed by His beauty and grace.

Matthew 7:8
For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened

Ask for abandonment and you will receive. But, remember,

1 Corinthians 2:14
The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Many will never understand.

0 comments: