BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 11, 2008

Supernatural Spiritual Eyes


John 5:19
Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.

This verse took on new meaning for me last night, thanks to my friend Kevin. I had, my first, in home community meeting last night. It was very good. The subject was learning to love like the Father loves. The conversation was meaningful and deep.

At one point I shared about a conversation I have had with God. I told God, that I love to see what His hand has done. To see the result of His plan, but that I wanted to see His hand at work. To see what He was doing, when He was doing it. He has many a time allowed this to happen.

When I was done sharing this, my friend Kevin said, "This is what Jesus meant when He said, "I can do only what I see My Father doing"". I had never thought of that verse in that way. It was wonderful. Kevin went on to say, "It is seeing prophetically."

Wow, of course it is. If I put on my supernatural spiritual eyes, I am seeing what the Father is doing. Thus, I can do what my Father is doing. I am walking the path of righteousness. I know when to turn and when not. I know when to say "yes" and when to say "no".

With my supernatural spiritual eyes I will be able to walk out the purpose of God's plan for me on this earth. I, like Jesus, will be able to see the plans that He has made for me and go forward in them. My flesh may not like what it sees, but my spirit will be constantly in the light of God.

What a beautiful and wonderful revelation. How precious are these spiritual eyes. What a wonderful, underused gift from the Almighty. The Great I Am. In my life I have been grateful for so very much, but, nothing like this. I am grateful, oh merciful God, for my spiritual eyes.

2 comments:

Enemy of the Republic said...

I like that--supernatural spiritual eyes. It allows us to see the why, opens some of the mystery as God sees fit to reveal it to us paltry humans.

Given55 said...

Enemy of the Republic,

Absolutely. Isn't it the greatest way to walk.