BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Response


I got an interesting comment on the post "What!!!".
"It reads, You realize you're completely demented?

No, I suppose not.

Do you realize God sends evil spirits to people? (1 Sam 8:10) What give you the right to banish them? Do you think you are Christ?"

My response to Anonymous was:
"I only do what I see the Father doing.

Demented? Could be. But, in the end, I am fearfully and perfectly made."

The comment was written anonymously and publicly, so I'm going to respond publicly, but not anonymously.

The writer of the comment, gives reference to Samuel 8:10 as a sample of God giving someone a demonic spirit. I Samuel 8:10 reads:

Samuel told all the words of the LORD to the people who were asking him for a king. He said, "This is what the king who will reign over you will do: He will take your sons and make them serve with his chariots and horses, and they will run in front of his chariots

II Samuel 8:10 reads:

he sent his son Joram to King David to greet him and congratulate him on his victory in battle over Hadadezer, who had been at war with Tou. Joram brought with him articles of silver and gold and bronze.

I do not see, in these two verses, the proof behind what the writer, "anonymous", states is written here. So, I looked for the verses to back of "anonymous'" claims.


Judges 9:23 (New International Version)

23 God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the citizens of Shechem, who acted treacherously against Abimelech.

1 Samuel 16:14-23

14 Now the Spirit of the LORD had departed from Saul, and an evil [a] spirit from the LORD tormented him.

You see, I do not disagree with "anonymous". NO, I agree. God can and will do anything. I do know, that God is governed by certain laws. Laws that He, Himself created. I'm assuming that He can break these laws, but that in His wisdom He created them, so in His wisdom, He abides by them.

I know that, by evidence of the book of Revelation, that certain events must happen in the natural realm. There are times when God uses any of the tools, at His disposal, to get those events into action. Maybe, I need to be pushed into action or woke up to a need etc. God will see to it the event is done. If it takes the use of a demon, I see no point in believing that God would not use a demon.

We need to remember what God told me. "You look on something that you consider ugly and with your finite mind decide that it is from Satan. How dare you. How do you know it is not My hand at work." No, God's work is not always pretty, nor what some would consider loving. But, God ultimately is pure love. His love just does not fall under our limited definition. So, whether it be a God given demon or sickness or disaster it is still an act of God, if it be done by His hand.

As for "What gives you the right to banish them?". I will repeat what I have said many times in this blog. I, always pray and ask God what He wants done before I act. I do not pray healing nor anything else in less God approves. I don't want to be out of step nor get ahead of God. And "NO", I do not think that I am Christ. I am the chief of all sinners, and am filthy as rags.

On a more gracious note. I want to thank Light of the Woods for the post written January 27th. It truly spoke to me. Thank you.

0 comments: